Today I’d like to share a staple recipe from my household that is great to have on hand for a quick breakfast or snack. The base is coconut flour, which is a great gluten free option. It is also high in fiber. The eggs provide a good amount of protein so there’s lots of nutrition packed into these muffins. As a bonus, my 4-year old loves them too!
(Makes 12 muffins)
3 ripe mashed bananas
1/3 cup melted butter
2 tbsp. honey
1 tsp. vanilla
½ cup coconut flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. salt
1 tbsp. cinnamon
2-3 tbsp. chia seeds
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare muffin pan with baking cups or cooking spray.
2. Combine mashed bananas and melted butter. Mix well. Add eggs, honey, and vanilla and whisk until combined.
3. In a separate bowl, stir together dry ingredients. Add to wet ingredients and mix.
4. Transfer about ¼ cup of the mixture to each muffin cup and bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.
5. Stores well in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.